Acute Care for Elders 2018
Physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and allied health care providers involved in the care of older adults
- Understand and address the unique vulnerabilities of older adults who are acutely ill or injured.
- Describe practice improvements to better address the needs of older individuals in the emergency department, in our hospitals, in programs to avoid hospitalization, and in transition between health care settings.
- Describe key lessons learned as our health system prepares to care for populations of older Americans.
The Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport is conveniently located off I-94, just 2.5 miles from General Mitchell International Airport. Driving from I-94 heading toward Chicago, use Exit #316-319 College Ave./Airport ramp. Exit on College Ave and turn left (east). Turn right at 13th Street and the hotel will be on your right.
Course Director: Michael Malone, MD; Aurora Health Care
Kellie Flood, MD; UAB Hospital and University of Alabama at Birmingham
Terry Fulmer, PhD, RN, FAAN; The John A Hartford Foundation
S. Nicole Hastings, MD, MHS; Durham VA Health Care System and Duke University School of Medicine
Linda V DeCherrie, MD; Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Mary T. Fox, Associate Professor; York University, Toronto, ON
Sharon K. Quinlan, MS, MBA, RN, NEA-BC; Advocate Aurora Health Care
Rebecca Radue, MD; University of WI School of Medicine & Public Health, Madison, WI
Aaron Malsch, Senior Service Program Coordinator; Advocate Aurora Health Care
Ann Gallo, Project Coordinator; Advocate Aurora Health Care
Patti Pagel, Director Senior Service; Advocate Aurora Health Care
Stephanie Steger, Administrative Assistant; Advocate Aurora Health Care
Trish Maloney, Administrative Assistant Senior; Advocate Aurora Health Care
As an accredited provider of the WI Medical Society, Aurora Health Care must ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in its educational activities. Course Directors, planning committees, faculty, and all others who are in a position to control the content of this educational activity are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest to participants of the educational activity. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the CME activity content over which the individual has control.
In the process of collecting disclosures. All disclosures will be made in advance of the activity.
- 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.25 AttendanceAttendance Credit
Please click on one of the options above and then click "Add to Cart". Once added to the card the price will be adjusted to reflect
the chart below.
|Physicians (MD, DO)||$125.00|
|Allied Health (PA, NP, RN, SW, PT/OT, etc.)||$60.00|
Full refunds will be given up to Friday, Nov. 3, 2018. Refunds will not be given after that time.
NOTE: For dietary restrictions please contact Trish Maloney at 414-219-7058 or email@example.com
Please note as of January 2018 cost transfers are no longer acceped as a form of payment. Checks and credit cards are accepted.
If you have any registration questions or issues, please contact the CPD office at 414-219-5490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.