APH EBBHS: Essential Elements for Working with Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC) Clients
This presentation will identify and explore the unique treatment considerations when working with transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) clients.
The program is aimed at psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses and other allied health professionals who deal with mental health issues and addiction medicine.
- Identify key vocabularyterms and concepts in the care of transgender and TGNC clients
- Recognize common presenting concerns for TGNC clients
- Select and utilize appropriate mental health assessment tools in TGNC
- Identify appropriate interventions and apply ethical standards
Speaker: Elaina Meier, MA, MS, LPC-IT, NCC; UW-Madison
Course Director: Cynthia Valentin, PhD, APNP; Aurora Health Care
Jay Chrostowski, PsyD; Aurora Health Care
Joy Mead-Meucci, MS, CSAC; Aurora Health Care
Janet Rewolinski, RN, BSN; Aurora Health Care
Munther Barakat, PsyD; Aurora Health Care
Robin Monson-Dupuis, LCSW, SAC; Aurora Health Care
As an accredited provider of the WI Medical Society, Aurora Health Care must ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in its educational activities. Course Directors, planning committees, faculty, and all others who are in a position to control the content of this educational activity are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest to participants of the educational activity. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the CME activity content over which the individual has control.
In the process of collecting disclosures. All disclosures will be made in advance of the activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
Please click “Take Course” to register for this workshop. You will receive an email confirmation once you are registered.
Registration for Fall Courses will open on May 1st, 2018.