Cancer Screening Updates for the Primary Care Clinician
Cancer prevention and detection at early stages is critical for value-based care. Guidelines for screening have changed in many areas in the past year. Also, genetics and precision medicine are areas where patients have many questions. The purpose of this conference is to present these changes and standards to health care professionals who are most likely to address these issues. The conference will educate regarding evaluation, AJCC staging, prognostic indicators, current preventions, and evidence-based guidelines.
Primary Care, Family Practice, Internal medicine, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Obstetricians and Gynecologists, APP’s, Residents, Medical Students, All Medical Staff
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Identify and apply the most recent screening guidelines
- Discuss the benefits of early diagnosis of cancer with patients
- Promote cancer prevention in their practice
- Discuss the importance of genetics and precision medicine in the prevention and treatment of cancer
Conference Room: The Grand Ballroom
Guest Rooms: Price is $94 until Sept 12th. Call 847-336-6300 ext.; 2. Use code : AAH when booking
Jeffrey Katt, MD, FACP Vice President, Primary Care Service Line, Aurora Health Care
Kevin McCune, MD Chief Medical Officer, Advocate Medical Group, Senior Medical Director, Advocate at Home
Jon Richards, MD, PhD Oncology, Advocate Health Care, Medical Director, Advocate Cancer Institute
James Weese, MD, FACS Vice President of Aurora Cancer Care and Clinical Adjunct Professor of Surgery, UW School of Medicine & Public Health, Aurora Cancer Care, Aurora Health Care Medical Group
It is the policy of Aurora Health Care Office of Continuing Education to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its sponsored education activities. All participating faculty, course directors, and planning committee members are required to disclose to the program audience any financial relationships related to the subject matter of this program. Disclosure information is reviewed in advance in order to manage and resolve any possible conflicts of interest. All faculty and planning committee members have attested that their financial relationships do not affect their ability to present well-balanced evidence-based content for this activity. Specific disclosure information for each course faculty will be shared with the audience prior to the faculty’s presentation.
In the process of collecting disclosures. All disclosures will be made in advance of the activity.
Accreditation Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 3.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. Participation in Q&A is required in order to earn MOC points
- 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.50 AttendanceAttendance Credit
- 3.50 ABIM MOC Part IISuccessful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 3.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Please click “Take Course” to register for this program. You will receive an email confirmation once you are registered.
Please contact the CPD Office at email@example.com or at (414) 219-5490 if you have any questions or need assistance.