Hierarchical Condition Categories 2018
This activity is intended to provide the education and information necessary to understand how increasing specificity of a diagnosis impacts quality, cost efficiency, payment and portrayal of how sick a patient is. Learners should be able to describe what a HCC is, understand documentation requirements, and identify diagnoses that increase the severity of the patients illness/RAF Score. The program outlines how the participant can improve quality medical care by improved accuracy in documentation and coding.
It will take approximately 60 minutes to complete this course.
The participant is required to receive a passing score of 100% and complete a program evaluation in order to receive credit.
New Pulmonary, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Family Practice, and Internal Medicine Physicians, NP’s and PA’s, and any provider needing a brush up on HCC’s.
- Describe Medicare Part C/Medicare Advantage
- Define a HCC/RAF Score
- Express how you can affect a HCC/RAF Score
- Learn how to use EPIC tools to address diagnoses
- Explain the benefits of higher HCC’s/RAF Scores
Course Director: Victoria Ruetten, Director Clinical Quality/Care Mgt North - Aurora Health Care
As an accredited provider of the WI Medical Society, Aurora Health Care must ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in its educational activities. Course Directors, planning committees, faculty, and all others who are in a position to control the content of this educational activity are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest to participants of the educational activity. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the CME activity content over which the individual has control.
Presenters, planners, and anyone controlling content completed conflict of interest forms and no one has any relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Aurora Health Care has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
This course is available to Aurora Health Care providers (employed and independent) and caregivers only. If you are not already logged in, please use "Aurora Login" to access the course. If you need help enrolling or logging in, please contact the Aurora CPD Office at CPDDepartment@aurora.org or at (414) 219-5490.