Pulmonary Hypertension Preceptorship Course November 2019
The Accredited Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is a specialty clinic for the diagnosis and clinical management of Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) of all etiologies. We have over 30 years experience managing all forms of pulmonary hypertension and use a multidisciplinary and holistic approach to our care. This preceptorship will highlight the multidisciplinary approach and treatment of this complex patient population.
The Pulmonary Hypertension Preceptorship Program is intended for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurse coordinators, pharmacists, social workers, financial counselors, administrators, and other health care professionals who are responsible to develop, implement, manage, or augment a comprehensive and holistic system for patients with pulmonary hypertension.
At the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Understand the evaluation of a patient with pulmonary hypertension
- Obtain the knowledge to structure your own PHTN Clinic at an RCP or CCC level
- Have a basic understanding of the medications available to treat PAH patients
- Understand the need for a multidisciplinary team to give holistic care to the PHTN population
Course Director: Dianne Zwicke, MD; Aurora Health Care
Linda Boehm, RN; Aurora Health Care
Michelle Cicona, Transplant/Pulmonary Services Coordinator; Aurora Health Care
Kelsey Krueger, RN; Aurora Health Care
Sara Paulus, PA-C; Aurora Health Care
Eric Roberts, MD; Aurora Health Care
Tarif Smadi, MD; Aurora Health Care
Frank Spexarth, R.PH; Aurora Health Care
Vinay Thohan, MD; Aurora Health Care
Ker Vang, RN; Aurora Health Care
Ann Zeidler, RN; Aurora Health Care
Sarah Zukkoor, R.PH; Aurora Health Care
Patty Maglio, Administrative Assistant; Aurora Health Care
It is the policy of Aurora Health Care Office of Continuing Education to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its sponsored education activities. All participating faculty, course directors, and planning committee members are required to disclose to the program audience any financial relationships related to the subject matter of this program. Disclosure information is reviewed in advance in order to manage and resolve any possible conflicts of interest. All faculty and planning committee members have attested that their financial relationships do not affect their ability to present well-balanced evidence-based content for this activity. Specific disclosure information for each course faculty will be shared with the audience prior to the faculty’s presentation.
In the process of collecting disclosures. All disclosures will be made in advance of the activity.
- 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Aurora Health Care is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Aurora Health Care designates this activity for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 12.00 AttendanceAttendance Credit
|Physicians (MD, DO)||$325.00|
|Aurora Employees and Fellows||No Charge|
Please note as of January 2018 cost transfers are no longer acceped as a form of payment. Checks and credit cards are accepted.
If you have any registration questions or issues, please contact the CPD office at 414-219-5490 or email@example.com.